Friday, January 27, 2006

Everyday Obsessions

Ugh. This month will not end. For some reason, I have an image of January as sunny and cold. Not so this year. It has rained almost every day.

But there are things that make the dreariness more bearable. Things to look forward to and things to enjoy now. A trip to Europe in two months. A skiing weekend in Whistler next month. A rock show next week. A new album by little-known artist (Joanna Newsom - so weird, but so good). Toast with butter and honey. Mashed potatoes. Lemon Biscuits (man I love food!). Valentine’s Day (Yes! Valentine’s Day! But this has to do with food again, because I’m planning on making something special for my small group!). Vancouver Art Gallery with Niki on Sunday. Sunshine (who knows when?).

I have a habit of finding little morsels of pleasure or expectation and turning them into obsessions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home