Thursday, October 27, 2005

Nothing Doing

I heard a rumour that people from Maple Ridge don’t “blog” enough, so I thought I’d better post today since I haven’t done so since Monday. You know, it makes sense that we should be blogging every day because so much happens here in Maple Ridge. It’s just a hotbed of excitement.

Do you ever have times when you don’t feel anything? Emotions, I mean. Sometimes I do and it’s a bit disconcerting. As a, um, woman , I’m used to often feeling several things all at once. So I don’t like it when no strong feelings are being registered in my brain. Of course my dislike of not feeling isn’t very strong, because, of course, I can’t really feel. Annoying.

I've learned not to put much faith in my emotions anyways. I know that they’re fleeting; only a vague translation of what’s actually in my heart. Not that I think emotions come from my heart either - I know they come from my brain and hormones (those evil chemicals that try to control a person). What I’m trying to say is that emotions are meaningless. They don’t tell us anything about how we should act or even about what we really want.

So it’s actually good when I don’t feel anything. The world should seem clearer and I should be able to make rational decisions. It’s just a bit boring.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay finally a topic I can add some interesting 'food for thought' too....

I personally agree emotions and feelings are too unpredictable and you shouldn't base decisions on them. I can't stand when people make a big decision based on a feeling: aka "He didn't make me happy anymore"

First of all noone can make you feel anything. And feelings come and go that is why we were given the power to think.

I personally believe that we choose how we feel.

Deep thoughts with Estelle

10/27/2005 11:47 p.m.  
Blogger Mat said...

I am going to have hard times not calling you Bounderby from now on because of this.

10/29/2005 12:52 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home